US Anodize provides solutions to the challenges posed by corrosion with our chromate conversion services. Chromating is ideal for applications that call for an electrical conductive coating that acts as a good base that will improve adhesion for paint and other finishes. Our chemical film coating comes in a variety of colors from clear to iridescent gold and performs well on most aluminum alloys.
What is Chromate Conversion?
Named after the chromate present in chromic acid (hexavalent chromium), chromate conversion is a process designed to protect aluminum alloys from corrosion while acting as an undercoating for adhesive and paint applications. Chromating also helps retain electrical conductivity. Chromating makes the surface of an alloy nonreactive by replacing it with an inert layer. The process involves immersing the alloy into a hexavalent or trivalent chromium.
US Anodize conducts chromating services with a focus on the highest quality for our application and inspection processes. Our team adheres to a commitment founded on a number of basic service principles, including:
- Close attention to the customer’s specifications
- A team approach to every project
- Accurate and precise inspection and measurement
- Comprehensive environmental testing and compliance
- A dedication to continuous process improvement [CPI]
- Maintaining process controls throughout the project
Our quality commitment is demonstrated by our compliance with a range of certification standards, including the quality manufacturing principles of ISO 9001:2015, the strict guidelines of ASTM, and facility certifications that comply with MIL-C-5541 and MIL-DTL-5541F for military-grade applications.
Features and Capabilities of Our Chromate Conversion Service
The chromate conversion service provided by US Anodize provides the right solution to protect the aluminum alloy surfaces of equipment and components, meeting a wide range of challenges encountered by our customers. Characteristics or features of our chromating service include:
- Enhanced electrical conductivity
- Improved corrosion resistance
- Provides a protective hexavalent or trivalent chromium coating
- Facilitates adhesion of paints and other finishes
- Available in a variety of colors